No amount of fancy accouterments will cover the anguish I personally experienced with Hotel del Rio. Their lowest of the low costumer service is an affliction that brings pain and itchiness to me. The “terrible” experience was an affront to the sweet culture of the city. I declare Hotel del Rio a miserable place even the ghost will feel aghast.
- December 8, 2016, Mutya and company travelled for Iloilo via Philippine Airlines, flight PR 2141, with 8:15AM as time of departure and expected time of arrival at 9:30AM.
- The same flight as stated above arrived Iloilo International Airport at 9:40AM.
- Hotel del Rio as the contracted accommodation for Mutya and company FAILED to send its transport service.
- Hotel del Rio is a well-acclaimed hotel in Iloilo City.
- Mutya and company rented a van instead.
- Upon arrival at the Hotel del Rio with address at MH Del Pilar St, Molo, Iloilo City, 5000 Iloilo, the receptionist FAILED to offer courtesy to Mutya and company.
- The receptionist FAILED to identify Mutya, she issued a wrong reservation sheet.
- The receptionist FAILED to acknowledge their INCOMPETENCE and implied that the failure of the transport service was the fault of the guest.
- Hotel del Rio issued a different room type, instead of having two beds, they provided a matrimonial bed and insisted that it can be separated into half.
- Hotel del Rio gave a key card to a different person assigned to a room of Mutya which led to the breach of privacy.
Hotel del Rio is UNRELIABLE.
The stubborn and arrogant receptionist argued that someone called her saying that Mutya and company will arrive 6AM instead of 9:30AM thus she sent the driver to the airport three hours before the expected time of arrival. Her argument was so inflammatory that it led to a loud altercation. Instead of extending an apology, the receptionist insisted that the we, costumers were wrong. Well, she erred.
Her antipodal alibi miserably failed because the stated time of arrival of the plane was 9:30AM and not 6AM and as a competent service provider, they should have called Mutya and company to confirm changes in flight schedule. It is clear that her reasoning was at the apogee of logic, it was beyond the reach of natural human experience.
It was evident that Hotel del Rio comfortably slept while Mutya and company suffered the pain of uncertainty. Hotel del Rio failed to validate the information which are vital to ensure the safety and convenience of their guests. Mutya was deeply disheartened by the apostasy of Hotel del Rio.
Hotel del Rio is unbecoming of an Ilonggo
Iloilo is known as the city of love but the receptionists failed to manifest the aura of a true Ilonggo; her face was appalling.
The receptionist including the guards failed to “smile” and say “good morning”—a standard in any hotel. They treated their guests as strangers. They failed to connect. Their arrogance was fuming from their very, very dark and seemingly atrophied cerebrum. It can be inferred that their brains lack oxygenation when they misidentified Mutya with another guest—a grave offense. Again, they failed to apologize.
Hotel del Rio is UNSAFE
Mutya was taking a bath when someone opened the door; it was a high ranking official whom Hotel Del Rio gave access to the room without permission. The guest saw Mutya naked. Upon investigation, Hotel Del Rio, mistakenly issued a wrong key card to the guest. It was unforgivable that warrants this bluster. Hotel del Rio breached my right to privacy.
Because of this, Mutya will file a serious complaint to the hotel accreditation agency of Hotel Del Rio and same copy will be furnished to the Department of Tourism and the Local Government of Iloilo City for their own review. Now that Iloilo is at the brink of progress, the city can’t afford to have such dishonourable service. The hotel doesn’t deserve to be at the heart of Iloilo City.